Friday, February 13, 2009

Fixing the problems

So reboot into Linux, looks promising....BOOM colours are all screwed up again, oh well i'll just fix it like this I can kinda read the screen.

First thing the little update notification comes up saying there are updates, click there are 254 updates...sweet press go. This process takes 15 minutes to download and about 16 minutes to install.

During the updating process I fix the graphics problem (luckily I know what is wrong, not that I have seen it before) essentially what has happened is, I manually updated the ATI catalyst control driver to the latest one, so in my home directory there is something telling the computer to look for this driver which isn't there.

So using the terminal in conjunction with firefox I go to http://wiki.cchtml.com/ (I still have the driver archive file in my downloads folder) so no need to re-download them.

Using the very helpful directions and the terminal (black and white still looks black and white in psychedelic colours) the colours went back to normal, after a restart which I had to do after all the updates were installed.

One of the big differences I did notice between Linux and Vista was shutdown and restart after getting updates.....Vista pisses around really badly, Linux doesn't seem to at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment