Friday, February 13, 2009

The Ubuntu install

So I have just finished installing Vista (maybe I should have sacrificed a goat to make things go easier). On to the free software.

Put disk in, restart computer.

Go to start install process, can't see anything...remember from last time I did this, restart put into safe graphics mode and start install process.

Choose language -> choose time zone -> set up partitions (I have done this a few times so was not confused at all, first time I needed to do a bit of research on what to do) -> user name and passwords -> and go.

Frustration is kept to a minimum due to the fact that there is a status bar telling me what is happening and where it is up to in the install process.

28min later I boot into Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex again...that seemed easy and if this was a fresh install this is where it would stop just get the updates and all done....but conflicting drivers like to kick.

I was running in safe graphics mode, but the resolution of the screen was all wrong so I changed it, and BOOM!!!!! out of safe graphics mode and into normal mode colours were psychedelic and trippy........balls quick restart...

No comments:

Post a Comment